Monday, May 19, 2014

Woodland Picture Frames



 
I'm still preparing things for M's 7th birthday party in the woods.  I thought it would be nice for them to make something to take home.  I have my fingers crossed that the weather will be nice and the children can collect materials for this from our surroundings.  But I guess I have to be prepared in case it is wet.  So during walks in the woods I've been collecting different materials that they can use if we end up with the party in a house.  It will also give them plenty of time to dry and hopefully stick better.
 
 
I had saved some large sheets of cardboard from flat packed furniture that I cut up and made into picture frames.  I also picked up some empty boxes from the supper market as I have to make about 25.
 
 
Next they will get a photo ready stuck in the middle.  Shame I don't have a Polaroid camera.  With that they could have had a group photo from the party.  I just need to ask all the mums to email me a photo in advance.
 
 
I thought I should make an example to show the kids the sort of thing they could do.  As the kids will also be German speaking I though an example would be easier than using my basic German to tell them.
 
 
M enjoyed helping me collect the materials.  He just doesn't know what we are going to do with them.  I have to keep something a surprise for the day.


Just in case the weather isn't on our side.  I collected some leaves and flowers to press.  Then we can do the craft indoors.  Just need to go out and collect some more bark and anything else interesting I can find for them to use.  I'm still hoping they collect some of their own bits in the woods on the day.  Fingers crossed.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for wrapping up a nature study!Thanks for linking up with The Thoughtful Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea that the children would find so fun, I must try this out with my girls Loved and pinned :) #tuesdaytutorials

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.