Monday, January 13, 2014

Help with brushing teeth

 
Matthew is 6.5 and has already had to have a small filling.  He is not the best of kids when it comes to brushing his teeth so it is something we are trying to work on.  The other night I was thinking what I could do to try and teach him how to clean them better.  I sat down at the computer with google not expecting to find anything to help.
 
I searched on how to make a model of teeth and found this idea that I thought was ideal for what I wanted.  It even had a print out for the teeth.  On the print out there was some spare white paper next to the teeth.  To make it a bit sturdier I folded this over and glued it to make the paper double thickness.  I then cut it out and glued it all together.
 
At bed time Matthew was cleaning his teeth and at the same time I was cleaning these so he could see what to do.  He now wants to clean the model to show me he is doing it right.

 
I've also seen lots of teeth colouring pages

11 comments:

  1. oh bless he is so cute! #pinitparty
    using an electric one helps us even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good idea, thanks for sharing and linking up to Mummy Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, what a brilliant idea, may need it myself after that honecomb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did look a good recipe will have to give it a go. Sorry Waistline.

      Delete
  4. This is a fantastic idea to teach little ones good brushing technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brushing teeth can be such a chore. This is a resource parents of little ones will certainly benefit from.


    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very smart idea. In this way, the kids will definitely learn how to brush their teeth better and have fun doing it. I remember a parent learn a trick to make their young toddler enjoy brushing: by facing a mirror,let the young toddler have fun with a brush and allow her parents to brush the teeth more properly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea for making the task of brushing teeth a little more enjoyable for everyone!
    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really great way to educate kids about dental hygiene and on keeping a healthy mouth. It’s very important for kids to learn these as early as now, so that they will start forming the habit of taking care of their teeth at a young age. Anyway, having these paper cutouts seems like a great idea for teaching the younger ones, while keeping them entertained at the same time. Thank you for sharing this with us. All the best!


    Justene Doan @ A Plus Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.