Tuesday, December 10, 2013

fun Snowball word game.


Raising a know it all, smart Alex I'm often browsing the Internet/blogs and Pinterest for educational activities.  While I was looking the other day I found this fun snowball Digraph sorting activity by Make Take and Teach.  I think it was her snowmen containers that first caught my attention.  Then I thought the game would be ideal for Matthew.

He would have to match pictures to letter sounds.  As he has trouble with some sounds including SH I thought this might help.

As we didn't have the containers I decided to make our own version to play this game.  Clip art came in very handy again along with white plastic cups and some Christmas sticky tape.

 
 I found a snowman clip art picture that I printed out 4 times.  Then I stuck it onto an old cereal box and cut them out.  Matthew then helped me to tape them onto the cups.

Then I printed out the snowball letter sounds and pictures from Make, Take and Teach.  These also got stuck to cereal box and cut out.  Matthew enjoyed matching the pictures to the sounds and I think even playing it once I was hearing the difference in some of the words he was saying.  I need to keep looking for more ideas like this one.  Thanks again.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute winter reading activity! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom's Library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm definitely pinning this and it just may make it on our shelves this coming week.

    Renae at http://everystarisdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I am pinning to my snowman board.

    Thanks for linking up at TGIF! Hope to see you linked up again later today and have a GREAT weekend =)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.