Monday, November 25, 2013

Painting with marbles

 
I've been thinking for a while that we should do some painting with marbles again.  This time I did it thinking that I could recycle the art work into Christmas decorations afterwards.  There must have been about 13 paintings by the end of this session so just as well I have something planned for them.
 
 

This time I decided we would change things a bit and make some glitter paints to use for it.

 
I had some small containers that I made the paint in so that I could keep it afterwards.  All I did was put some clear liquid glue, glitter and a little paint in the container and mixed them together.


 All you need to do then is paint, a tray (we used the roasting tin), paper and a marble.

 
Put the paper in the tin and then randomly put some 'small' blobs of paint.  Think Matthew's definition of small must be different to mine.
 
 
Then add the marble.  Or in Matthew's case 3 marbles and role them around the tin through the blobs of paint.
 
video
 


 

8 comments:

  1. Your marble paintings turned out great! Thanks again for linking up at Anything Goes last week. I would love it if you stopped by to link up a post or two at this week's link-up. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! http://www.joyfocusedlearning.com/2013/11/anything-goes-link-up-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they turned out well. I turned ours into Christmas cards today. Thanks for the offer to Link up. I added a couple of items.

      Delete
  2. We tried marble painting too and loved it! I like the idea of adding glitter to the paint though. And don't the pictures just come out cool?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We cut out Christmas trees from our last marble painting and turned them into Christmas cards.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to turn these into Christmas cards! We love marble painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea - thx for sharing it at the thoughtful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really neat idea, and something I have never seen before. They turned out great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you added glitter to this! :)
    #Pintorials

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.