Sunday, October 20, 2013

Home made playdough

 
All kids love playing with play dough and here is a great recipe that has never failed yet.
2 cups of plain flour
4 tablespoons of 'cream of tartar'
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 cup of salt
2 cups of boiling water
food colouring
 
In Switzerland Cream of tartar is available from the chemists ask for Weinstein pulver.  Or if they are not sure what you are after tell them you are making Knete.  My chemist has the recipe behind the counter so they will know exactly what you are after.  One chemist I bought it from had it behind the counter and could dish out the amount you want.  The chemist I now use will order it for me.  This way it comes in a container with enough to make at least 3 lots.
 
Just put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix the kneed it with you hands.
 
In the past I have added glitter (great for Christmas) and different food flavouring to give it a scent. Recently I added coco to make chocolate scented dough and orange flavouring to make orange. 
 

 
 
Some of our dough was a bit soft for this but it was fun to have a go at.  Using the dough and tooth picks to build things.
 
 
We have also used it as the base for an Easter Garden.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all of your comments, to see what you get upto and what you think of our ideas.